INNOVATIVE BUILDING DESIGN SOLUTIONS
Creating inspiring and cost-effective designs – from coast to city
FROM SITE SELECTION TO COMPLETION, WE’LL BE WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY
inFORM design studio specialises in high-quality and sustainable building design solutions for extensions, new houses, multi-residential, commercial, community, industrial and educational developments in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Bribie Island, Mt. Tamborine, Beaudesert, Gold Coast and surrounds.
From site selection to move-in ready, we are committed to delivering honest advice, clear communication, creative solutions, and are a building design partner you can trust! Our strong work ethic, personable touch, and innovative, inspiring and cost effective products are what make us a favourite in the industry.
Need help bringing your ideas to life? Contact us today!
We offer high-quality, creative and bespoke building design services tailored specifically to your needs.
Our interior design services transform ordinary spaces into unique and breathtaking environments
We bring years of knowledge and experience to ensure your project is managed well right from the start.
HOW WE WORK
Below is an overview on how we work with you as your Building Design partner and what is involved. We will go over this in more detail at your first consultation.
Stage 1: Meeting Fee & Proposal
Meeting our clients’ needs is central to our service. Before we begin, we’ll meet with you (complimentary) either in-person, via an online meeting, or on-site to determine your vision, goals and ideas. During this time you’ll get a better understanding of how we work and what options and opportunities are available. We’ll also define the scope of work, timeframes and your budget.
To get the most out of this meeting, we would like you to prepare for it by:
- Bringing existing site and survey plans, as well as any examples of projects or photos you like.
- Researching preferred styles, materials or building plans.
- Determining how involved you want us to be throughout the design and construction process.
We will provide a fee proposal which will be either:
- A fixed fee proposal which is provided as task-based hourly rates
- A percentage of the estimated building costs
Stage 2: Design
Once we understand the scope and budget of the project, we’ll confirm site conditions and undertake a regulation and requirement assessment. This may require early input from a Town Planner and other specialist consultants. We’ll also engage a Surveyor to survey the site contours, services, conditions and features.
Diagrammatical floor plans and mass diagrams will be put together and presented to you to seek your valuable input. Once the diagrammatical plan is confirmed, the drawings will be refined and transformed into schematic designs. If the final layout exceeds the initial budget, we’ll either amend the design to stay within budget, or find opportunities to increase the budget.
Design is a two-way dialogue between your Building Designer and yourself. This ensures the best outcome is always received.
Stage 3: Development Application
At this stage, not all projects will require a Town Planner or a Development Application (which is determined during the early stages of this project.) In the case that a Development Application is required, we’ll work closely with a Town Planner in finding the simplest solution and the best outcome for you.
Other specialist consultants such as a Water Consultant may also be engaged at this stage to meet the requirements of the Development Application.
Stage 4: Design Development
Once the Development Application has been approved, design development will commence, which will include:
- Updating the drawings to reflect the Development Application conditions.
- Engaging sub and specialist consultants such as a Structural Engineers, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineers and other consultants to commence detail design.
- Developing the drawings with more in-depth plans, elevations and sections.
- Selection of proposed internal and external materials.
Stage 5: Building Approval
The building approval stage involves us coordinating and integrating the work of other specialist and sub consultants, ensuring that the drawings meet statutory approval. Afterwards these drawings will be sent to a Private Certifier for final approval and submitted to the Council.
This will form the first stage of technical documentation and is the minimum level required legally to undertake construction.
Stage 6: Tender / Construction Documents
After Building approval, the final stage of the Construction Documentation is undertaken, and describes the level of execution needed for construction. This ensures there are no doubts or discrepancies about what is needed to be constructed.
In lieu of Building Approval drawings, further elements will be added into these drawings, such as external finish plans and schedules, wet area internal elevations, and joinery details.
We suggest getting a pre-tender estimate to be prepared for by a Cost Consultant.
Stage 7: Tender / Process Construction
During this stage, our role will be to administer the tender process and help you select a contractor via the following options:
OPTION 1: TENDER
- We assist you with the tender process
- We assist with the preparation of the tender documents
- We provide input on assessing the tenders while comparing the prices with the outcome of the Cost Consultant
- We engage in negotiations and recommendations
- We assist in signing a building contract
OPTION 2: NEGOTIATED OFFER
- We collect a tender price
- We assist you with a negotiation process / offer by defining the scope of work and price of your project.
- We compare prices with the outcomes created by the Cost Consultant.
- We prepare a report which include the inclusions and the price and timeframes.
- We assist in signing a Building contract
Note: We always recommend obtaining a cost analyses by a Cost Consultant. This will enable us to evaluate the tenders against your desired outcome.
Regular inspections will be undertaken on site at this stage to ensure quality and timeframes are met, and work has been executed in alignment with the construction and consultant drawings. These inspections include:
- Instructing the building contractor with material selections, quality control and performance.
- Reviewing shop drawings which have been created by the building contractor or sub-contractors
- Providing the building contractor with instructions, supplementary details and clarification of the contract documents.
- Reporting back regularly to you regarding progress, time and cost of the project
- Coordinating construction services
- Assessing and determining the building contractor’s progress claims and issue certificates
- Assessing the building contractor’s claims for any extensions of time
- Adjusting prime cost, provisional sums and other monetary sums
- Instructing the building contractor to correct defects and finish any incomplete work
- Assessing, determining and issuing notice of completion
- Monitoring the variations/budget and making the appropriate adjustments to achieve budget
During the defects liability period, we’ll review the site and instruct the building contractor to rectify any defects or finish any incomplete work. Once construction is completely finished the final certificate will be issued.
“We consciously care about the environment and ensure that every project we design results in sustainable and responsive Building Designs.”
Anton not only complemented our ideas with clever design suggestions, his fundamental knowledge of construction principles and building materials were a true enabler for our building project. Well done, thank you!
Steffen & Colette
New Home Owners
This was our first time going through the building process and Anton went above and beyond in the work he did for us - often giving helpful tips/advice that other designers had not even thought to mention. The completed design was exactly what we were after and we have no hesitation recommending Anton and InForm Design Studio to anyone needing design work done.
Adam & Mel
New Home Owners
Anton was professional, courteous and patient. Often working weekends to keep my job moving. I was really impressed with his knowledge and advice throughout, and with the final sketches. He also did a great job co-ordinating the surveyor and town planner. Thanks Anton!
New Commercial Owner
Inform Design Studio provided first class service from start to finish. This was our first time going through the building process and Anton went above and beyond in the work he did for us - often giving helpful tips/advice that other designers had not even thought to mention. The completed design was exactly what we were after and we have no hesitation recommending Anton and Inform Design Studio to anyone needing design work done. !
Awesome person to deal with highly recommended.
Anton was professional, courteous and patient. Often working weekends to keep my job moving. I was really impressed with his knowledge and advice throughout, and with the final sketches. He also did a great job coordinating the surveyor and town planner. Thanks Anton!
Anton not only complemented our ideas with clever design suggestions, his fundamental knowledge of construction principles and building materials were a true enabler for our building project. Well done, thank you
Anton was refereed to me by a pool builder who said he was really good to work with. We gave him the job of designing our new house and he gave us exactly what we were after. He was very punctual, efficient and so helpful in all aspects. Nothing was too difficult and he strive to give his client complete customer satisfaction. We were so happy with the whole process and apart from his design we found Anton to be very honest and reliable. We highly recommend inform Design Studio.
I found Anton at a networking group by chance one evening. Being in the trade I am very hesitant to recommend services. However, what an excellent experience I have encountered. We are currently looking to build an architectural style custom build in Stafford for our swimming pool construction business. Antons approach, design ideas and manner is absolutely perfect type of designer I like to work with.
Anton was a real life saver during the planning phase of our house and probably a marriage saver as well. We really struggled to put our ideas on paper and Anton made the process so much easier for us. Could not have done it without him